Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Zoey's life is anything, but simple. With her father getting his twenty-something year old girlfriend pregnant and  her mom trying to commit suicide, it's obvious that Zoey has had a pretty hectic life lately. Then to top it all off, she gets into a car accident that leaves her unable to remember anything from the night before, including who she really has feelings for. Is it Brandon, the guy she is supposed to be dating, or troublesome Doug who was also in the crash? Zoey has to keep it together, pretend to be the perfect student, the perfect daughter, and the perfect girlfriend. All while her life seems to be crumbling down around her.

I have read almost all of Echol's books and have loved them deeply, so when I picked up this one I expected the same result. She has such an intuitive writing style and is able to make you feel like you are living through the events just like the characters are. It made me feel as if I was there alongside Zoey, not just looking from the outside in. I have to admit though, Zoey sort of bugged me. At times she just couldn't connect the dots as fast as I wanted her to, but in a way that made it a little more realistic, because sometimes people don't figure things out as quickly as we want them to. All characters have their faults, and the ones in this book are no exception to this, but Jennifer had a way of making you look past those small details. This book shows just how complicated things can get at times and I think this book is one that teens can read and feel like someone understands them. This book is one that I'm going to have to add to my shelf of re-reads because I feel like if I went back and read the book again knowing what I know now, I could enjoy it that much more, just looking at all the signs Jennifer wrote in. Overall this book is a great read and really makes you think long after you put it down.

I give it a 4/5.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment